Following Monday’s tragic fire at France’s Notre-Dame de Paris medieval Catholic cathedral the Walt Disney Company has today announced a $5 million donation to the rebuilding project.
Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer said “Notre-Dame is a beacon of hope and beauty that has defined the heart of Paris and the soul of France for centuries, inspiring awe and reverence for its art and architecture and for its enduring place in human history.
The Walt Disney Company stands with our friends and neighbors in the community, offering our heartfelt support as well as a $5 million donation for the restoration of this irreplaceable masterpiece”.
The very first direct train from The Netherlands to Disneyland Paris arrived this morning at the Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy train station.
From today onwards, Thalys run straight to magic every day.
Cleaning and Maintenance contractors from Onet are protesting at the Disneyland Paris theme park this morning (30 March 2019).
Under French law employees are permitted to protest inside their work place.
The employees are protesting about pay and conditions.
The Renault F1 Team has confirmed a second edition of the hugely popular pre-French Grand Prix roadshow programme. The roadshow will be the curtain-raiser to the French Grand Prix, which will be held at Le Castellet on 23 June.
The team will bring the excitement and passion of F1 to 15 cities across France, starting with two exceptional demonstration runs of the E20 Formula 1 car at Disneyland Paris on the 6 & 7 April 2019.
E20 driving duties will be split across Renault F1 Team’s race driver line-up of Daniel Ricciardo, Nico Hülkenberg, Sergey Sirotkin and Jack Aitken, while the Renault Sport Academy drivers will also take turns behind the wheel.
Adding to the excitement, Renault’s breath-taking GT racer, the Renault R.S.01, will join the E20 on the roads, while the public will have the opportunity to watch live pit stops, try out driving simulators and Batak pro challenges and meet the Renault drivers.
Cyril Abiteboul, managing director of Renault Sport Racing said “We are pleased to join forces with the French Grand Prix to bring the excitement of Formula 1 to the French public for a second consecutive year. The success of the roadshow last year was unprecedented, with thousands of people attending each demo run. This year with a larger programme even more people can discover and experience the sport for themselves.”
Disneyland Paris was put into a state of security lock-down last night (Saturday 23 March 2019) when an escalator at Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy train station malfunctioned causing a loud bang.
Panicking passangers and Disneyland Paris guests fleed the area amid fears the ‘blast’ noise from the breakdown was a terror attack.
The incident happened at approximately 9:00 PM when an electrical transformer in an escalator at Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy train station malfunctioned causing a very loud bang.
The resulting loud noise caused a panic amoungst passangers and guests in the adjacent Disney Village leisure complex in Disneyland Paris which resulted in several reported injuries.
There were fears of explosions and even gunshots, but a spokesman for the RER station at Marne la Vallee said: ‘It seems that a malfunctioning escalator has caused the problems’.
‘It began working erratically, and causing loud noises. It may be that some people have been hurt in this accident.’
Police and soldiers were seen rushing to the area around the station and visitors in the Disney Village were briefly confined in the restaurants, bars and shops.
A spokesman for Disneyland Paris said: ‘There has been no explosions, no shootings, no injuries. It a false alarm’.
‘Please don’t read any rumours or stories that over exaggerate – the lock-down and police attendance were standard procedure following any sort of incident.’
Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy train station handles 16,000 passangers a day and is very frequently forced to close due to security alerts because of unattended baggage.
The Walt Disney Company took possession of 21st Century Fox at 12:02 a.m. ET today (20 March 2019) in a deal costing $71.3 billion (£54 billion).
The assets changing hands in the deal include: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Family, and Fox Animation; Fox’s television creative units, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions, and Fox21; FX Networks; National Geographic Partners; Fox Networks Group International; Star India; and Fox’s interests in Hulu, Tata Sky, and Endemol Shine Group.
Shareholders from both companies approved Walt Disney’s bid to acquire 21st Century Fox’s assets on 27 July 2018, but the deal required regulatory approval in several global markets.
“This is an extraordinary and historic moment for us — one that will create significant long-term value for our company and our shareholders,” Disney chairman-CEO Bob Iger said in a statement on Tuesday afternoon.
“Combining Disney’s and 21st Century Fox’s wealth of creative content and proven talent creates the preeminent global entertainment company, well positioned to lead in an incredibly dynamic and transformative era.”
Using fiscal-year 2017 data, Disney said in a regulatory filing that the new assets could quickly add about $19.3 billion in annual revenue and $1.6 billion in net income. In that fiscal year, Disney reported $55.1 billion in revenue and $9.4 billion in net income.
Disney has promised $2 billion in cost savings from the Fox takeover, with some in the industry expecting up to 10,000 redundancies.