The Walt Disney Company, Euro Disney Associés S.C.A. and MasterCard this week announced a six-year strategic corporate alliance across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia & CIS.
The agreements make MasterCard the official partner in the payment services category of The Walt Disney Company EMEA & Russia and of Euro Disney Associés C.S.A.. As a result, this provides MasterCard with opportunities to create and deliver unique promotional opportunities for its cardholders across the breadth of Disney including motion pictures and the more than 100 Disney Stores across the region and in Disneyland Paris, Europe’s number one tourist destination.
The agreement, which covers business-to-consumer and business-to-business initiatives provides the scope for considerable consumer benefits, which will include special advantages and discounts for all MasterCard cardholders. The partnership will also develop:
• New “Priceless” MasterCard cardholder experiences, including Disney Store shopping events and offers as well as Disneyland Paris events and hospitality benefits
• Opportunities for innovative payment solutions to support consumers at both Disneyland Paris and for in-store purchases in Disney stores
• Opportunities for MasterCard to secure further marketing and promotional opportunities across Disney’s branded businesses, providing unique business building opportunities for MasterCard customers
• The chance for Disney to develop promotional programs to reach MasterCard’s customer-base across the region and to leverage MasterCard’s payment services technology expertise
• Permanent MasterCard signage at Disneyland Paris and Disney Stores in the region, underlining the importance of the partnership with MasterCard.
Javier Perez, President, MasterCard Europe said: “I’m excited that we are going to work so closely with Disney. We know that the magic that Disney provides will create numerous priceless opportunities for all our cardholders including families with young children, the larger youth segment, our corporate customers and our own employees. This new partnership fits seamlessly within our existing strategy in which our sponsorship activities, be it sports sponsorship through to entertainment, should always aim to deliver a rewarding experience for today’s cardholder.”